i'll eventually get off the death quotes, i promise. It's just that i found a great bunch the other day adn want to use them up before i move on to a new less fun theme. Where are we today? i started a piece on life's unamusement park, but i dont really know what i am doing. Becka, want to take it form the gates?? We had always talked about doing a back and forth writing experiment. i'm going to post something else i wrote a while back, just for fun. It drives me nuts how many ideas i have rattling around in my head that i can't get out on paper so that they make any sense. Or maybe i could write crap and sell it, like Chuck!
“I’m going to put down a grand on this, if you’ll give me a good luck kiss.” He said, “You are my lucky charm tonight, babe.” he whispered in my ear as the dealer was asking me to cut. “That sounds good to me, but don’t expect another one if you lose this hand.” I whispered back, running my hand up his thigh. I laid down my bet, showing I was in. Boy was I ever, and not just this game. “Do you want to split those or take another one?” he asked, following the kiss with a sip of his Manhattan, neat, with two cherries floating in its’ murky depth. The cherries bobbed and swirled, like my head was at that moment of our lips parting, seemingly in time to the loud rock music playing above us- Purple Haze by the great Jimi H. From where I sat I could see his famous peacock vest, hanging in a case below what has to be the most opulent intricate chandelier I have had the occasion of winning money under. It felt like Jimi had just been wearing it and then he had faded away with the night. “yeah, I’ll split”, I said as the dealer tossed me two more cards, kings, a heart and a club. Seems that’s always what happens, my heart gets clubbed to death quite regularly. I laughed a little at this inside joke, and signaled to the dealer that I would stay. She was showing a nine, pulled an eight, and flipped a six. Just what I needed. My math has never been great, but at least I know when the dealer busts. “Well look at that, darlin’” he breathed, “you are lucky. And that was just with one kiss.” He had his hand on my thigh, lightly fingering the lace at the top of my stocking. I have a knack for this game, just trusting my womanly intuition seems to work better with cards than it does with men. But it is easier to loose a few bucks than to repair a heart, but I am never one to pass up a chance.
ÑÐ
She and I came to Vegas on a last minute notion, the same kind of notion that makes or breaks a person at least once in life. We decided to split up for a bit, since I prefer blackjack and she is more of a craps girl. I met him while I was waiting for my martini and tuna sandwich at Mr. Lucky’s, in a front tiger striped booth. I have to take in all the action I can while I am here, and you never know when fate strikes, and fate does not always wait until a girl is done her tuna sandwich. The energy here is indescribable, with so many people coming together, all different, all wanting the big score. Of course, what that big score is is often quite different for everyone. As I nibbled the dill pickle slice, she came back, with a hand full of cash and a face full of teeth. “How’d it go over there?”, I asked, “Better than at TI?” The grin got wider. “Oh, you could say that,” she purred, as she slid into the booth across from me. “Isn’t that the fat porn guy over there? He looks kinda familiar” We both looked over, and at the same time a handful of giggling girls was making their way over to his table, all dressed in spandex, looking like Poison video rejects, drunk and swaying on their towering heels. “hey, you’re right. I hear he’s really hairy though.” And at that, she and I laughed, which quickly turned to snorts of laughter as we observed the girls trying to work some kind of magic. “So where do you want to go next? Here? Or somewhere with hotter tables?” I asked. “Actually, I think here is hot enough for a while. Come over and see me win with a hard seven unless you get lost with Mr. Hard Twelve over there!” She sashayed off to the tables, and at the moment she was out of sight, I felt a warm hand on the back of my neck. Before I could react, he slipped his arm around my shoulders and slid into the booth next to me. “I already settled your check, sugar, what say you and I go hit the high roller tables?” I then had the chance to see why she had called him a hard twelve. I am always kind of surprised when I effect men that way, but this time it was a pleasant surprise. And a welcome one at that! This presumptuous individual on my left had every right to be, and I am a sucker for dark hair and blue eyes. I prefer the unconventional in men, and this one fit the bill. He had a small scar on his chin and I tried to focus on that to avoid the lushest lips this side of mine, but that was a lost battle. His gaze held mine and he stole a kiss, at the same time lifting me from out behind the table and up against him, like he though I would get away if there was a millimetre between our bodies. “A tall one, eh?” he muttered, “I love long legs. Walk ahead of me, so I can watch you, and head over to the Lounge.” I am a girl of my own mind, but this mind likes to be ordered around once in a while. Maybe I could make an exception just once, and allow it for a little longer. Who am I kidding? This is what they call hook line and sinker. I didn’t make it all the way up the steps before he grabbed me around the waist and nipped-nuzzled-bit my neck, pulling me over to the blackjack table. After he won enough hands to make the pit boss suspicious, and doubled his money with kisses more than once, it was time to move along. At the moment we came down the lounge stairs, she glided up to us with her hard twelve (who am I trying to impress here? More like a hard ten) on her arm and announced that they would be heading over to the Palms for the remainder of the night, and that we’d meet for lunch and shopping the next day. That was fine for me, as I had every intention of following orders from my 'man amant'. I did not really pay that much attention to him, partially because he had his face almost buried in her neck, It was all I could get out of her before she dissolved in fits of giggles and squeals at whatever he was doing, and then they hustled out the door, under the golden guitars. It was the last time I ever saw her that way.
Growing up in a small town affords a different kind of education, sometimes helpful, sometimes not. While I did not learn about 25 ways to get high, and that i should be fearful of every van that drives by, I did learn about what is really important in life. Like my Dad says, dollars don't bring you chicken soup when you're sick. Money is definitely not all there is in life, and friends count for a lot. But somewhere along the line I deveoped a taste
you're right, everything i write does end up awfully porny. what the hell?? I am going to work on the Amazon Girls again soon, seeing as i have a whack of free time in the 9 to 5 area. I can put it up here in chapters and you can tell me what you think of the changes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment